Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Police wanted... How do I get them?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK... I Know this is a Very old topic...


    BUT....

    I am now in the situation as follows:

    I have just hit a major brick wall!
    I need to find a police uniform for one of my actors to wear for a scene we will be filming on Monday...


    Thanks in advance for the replies that say "Ask the local police station"...

    I already have asked the police as well, and although I have not had an answer back, it doesn't sound very positive...


    Also, one of my actors is actually a cop himself, and he already has asked if he could do the scene in his uniform...

    He says he can't.

    I have went to one fancy dress shop who say they can't hire out police uniforms (not even for a film) because people may use them to dress up like the police...

    Has anyone got any ideas?

    I am going to try phoning other shops tomorrow, as well as look on the web.

    Reply either via E-mail or by this board...

    If you can really really help me (I live in Cambridge, UK BTW), then you can give me a call on my mobile:
    07752 648425

    I knnow it's dumb to post my telephone number here, but I am pretty desperate!!!

    Thanks!

    ------------------
    KEEP FOCUSED!
    Little Rich.
    http://go.to/littlerich
    [email protected]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Littlerich's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 1999
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <H1>BIG UPDATE!!!</H1>

    OK... I Know this is a Very old topic...


    BUT....

    I am now in the situation as follows:

    I have just hit a major brick wall!
    I need to find a police uniform for one of my actors to wear for a scene we will be filming on Monday...


    Thanks in advance for the replies that say "Ask the local police station"...

    I already have asked the police as well, and although I have not had an answer back, it doesn't sound very positive...


    Also, one of my actors is actually a cop himself, and he already has asked if he could do the scene in his uniform...

    He says he can't.

    I have went to one fancy dress shop who say they can't hire out police uniforms (not even for a film) because people may use them to dress up like the police...

    Has anyone got any ideas?

    I am going to try phoning other shops tomorrow, as well as look on the web.

    Reply either via E-mail or by this board...

    If you can really really help me (I live in Cambridge, UK BTW), then you can give me a call on my mobile:
    07752 648425

    I knnow it's dumb to post my telephone number here, but I am pretty desperate!!!

    Thanks!

    ------------------
    KEEP FOCUSED!
    Little Rich.
    http://go.to/littlerich
    [email protected]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Unemployed's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 4th, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    so how do filmmakers go about filming scenes that feature the police? do you need a special license or what? does the co-operation of the Police depend on what town you are in? ie, some more friendly than others? love to hear how this develops because I expect to be in the same position shortly.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member cash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 1999
    Posts
    360
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    cant your copper friend "wash his uniform" at your friends house and it gets lost for a few hours?

  5. #15
    Inactive Member RedRaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2000
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can't you make do with clothes that just LOOK very similar to a police uniform? I'm thinking, if the guy wears black trousers, a white shirt, a black tie, a black pullover and some sort of black padded jacket, he'd look like a policeman. And you can usually get plastic police helmets and badges and things in joke-shops, which from a distance might look okay. That or make the character a plain clothes policeman, so he can just wear a suit. I'm sure there must be ways around this problem! Good luck!

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Redraven has got it spot on ,

    jsut get a pilot shirt couple of bits of blue material for the epilletes, and a black tie, some handcuffs on the belt and sweet,

    try your local army surplus for a police hat, they wont have one but they will have some hats that are very similiar

    get that needle and thread out !


    Chance


    ------------------
    5YLAC Films

    www.itkoa.co.uk

    http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...ghts/index.htm

    download the deadlights trailer at

    &lt;http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...s/images/deadl
    ights_trailer1.rm&gt;

  7. #17
    Inactive Member marti-c's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2000
    Posts
    298
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I posted this on the other topic section before i read the above...but here it is anyway:

    Why not take a standard issue police shirt or a white short sleeved will do ( without epilletes ) and make your own black epilletes and add thin black tie and at least you have a cop in the summer or in a station.
    If the shirt doesnt have a place for epilletes then simply sew on 2 buttons to hold them on.
    ..........Still thinking of an idea regarding the helmet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    marti

  8. #18
    Inactive Member assyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2000
    Posts
    411
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Buy one of those plastic tourist attraction hats which are abundant in souvenir shops. If you omit helmet closeups you should be able to get away with it.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    they might be worth giving a go

    http://www.mywebpage.net/damodes/

    ------------------
    5YLAC Films

    www.itkoa.co.uk

    http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...ghts/index.htm

    download the deadlights trailer at

    &lt;http://www.lookingglass.atfreeweb.co...s/images/deadl
    ights_trailer1.rm&gt;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •